If there is one thing we understand well here at SMT Learning, it’s the importance of understanding the knowledge of an organization. Without a human database of knowledge, an organization will crumble.
- Knowledge without discipline is meaningless.
- An organizations’ intangible resources such as intellectual knowledge and know-how are key to its success
- Knowledge Capture is as much about the skillsets required to perform knowledge capture as it is about following the process
- Transforming knowledge into various mediums for dissemination to an organizations’ workforce, partners, distribution channels, and supply chain is critical to enabling on-demand access to valuable information in the format it is required.
- Organizations cannot manage knowledge that hasn’t been captured
- Cultivating cultures of learning, and implementing continuous knowledge capture practices, contributes significantly to an organizations’ ability to capture and retain vital organizational knowledge.
- Knowledge that is current today can be obsolete tomorrow!